Every year that goes by is a year farther from our beginning. Given, there are many beginnings I have lived since I’ve taken my first breath. It never really is a reset though. I don’t want a reset. I actually am very grateful for all the days I get to wake up to, and so grateful for the nights I get to dream. I am still, and by now understand will forever be, a work in progress. 90 days to achieve things in my 30s. I started this blog almost 8 years ago. It was the perfect place for me to not only practice writing but also to express things I was witnessing in the communities I am part of. It was driven by Hip Hop (still is). Now that I have lived more and matured (gladly), what I wrote about was a bit on the surface. I was never really a surface type of person. I like depth, I like having random conversations with strangers that change my life forever. Living in NYC I must say there is a high probability of these moments happening. Unfortunately, not everywhere is New York City, haha, and that’s perfect like that. I am now desiring to share 90 days of truths of my journey out of my 30s and into my 40s. This is my challenge, which I am now realizing is really a challenge. See, I am full of ideas and full of energy to realize them. I have a tendency of letting go when the excitement is out of it. I move on quickly. I don’t stick to things, well I stick to some, and often they are not the best things to stick to. But I am deciding that the next decade I get to live on this crazy planet, I want it to be different than my last decade. Better, Bigger, Stronger. (I guess I should add Faster, but if you know me, you know I run on fast mileage already, so Slower would be best for me in my 40s).
So, here is Day 1 of my open diary. It is a place for me to talk about what I feel matters, and right now, to be honest, the state of the world is saddening me a lot. I am way too sensitive for it all, and I am actively searching for a rock to stay under. Saving up my coins so I can build a spaceship. The invitations will be out soon, and it might read “You are cordially invited to board the G&L Space Ship set for planet NN. Please bring only your good vibes, your toothbrush if you must, and …..
Here are 10 things I want to achieve in the next 10 years not in a specific order and hopefully I cross one out each year!!!
- Own a house, make a home.
- Have a kid, two if possible, and be a great mom.
- Own multiple successful businesses, combining all the things I’ve learned up until my 40s.
- Find the one, and cultivate this relationship with honesty and truthful communication.
- Set foot in Africa more than once, reconnect with my ancestral background.
- Choreograph/art direct a master piece that will be legacy and a reference.
- Become a DJ, a good one at that.
- Create a creative residency in Ayiti, helping the arts & culture community in Okoto.
- Live home (where my heart is) for one year, setting roots, creating opportunities for my local community.
- BE. an artist. a creative. a dancer. a writer. a visual artist. a musician. a poet. a mystery. always BE.